School Development Plan 2019-20
We have seen considerable success with academic achievement over the past few years with the achievement of children at the end of year 6 rising year on year. The children have worked very hard and the strategic focus of the school has supported them in achieving to a high standard.
Achievement is measured through attainment and progress. Attainment is the actual levels that the children achieve, whilst progress measures how much improvement they have made in their levels since the end of year 2.
At the start of each year the Governing Body agree the School Development Plan that builds on what we have done well and develops areas where we can move forward.
Our Development Plan this year has five main targets.
Target 1 – Quality of Education This aims to ensure that all children receive a well-rounded quality of education, including the most disadvantaged children and those with special educational needs or disabilities. This year we are focusing on the broader curriculum that is on offer to the children and the progress of our children with special educational needs.
Target 2 – Behaviour and Attitudes This aims to ensure that the school provides a safe, calm, orderly and positive environment for the children that supports the behaviour and learning attitudes. This year we are focusing on increasing further the children’s positive attitudes and commitment to their education.
Target 3 – Personal Development This aims to ensure that children are extended beyond the academic and supported to develop in many diverse aspects of life. That children have access to a wide, rich set of experiences in a coherently planned way. This year we are focusing on the importance of mental health and broadening the experiences on offer.
Target 4 – Leadership and Management This aims to ensure that Leadership and management at all levels demonstrate high and ambitious expectations for pupils and work together for improvement. This year we are focusing on expanding and developing staff professional development to support the greater focus on the wider curriculum.
Target 5 – Early Years Foundation Stage This aims to ensure that the provision in the early years is consistently good or outstanding. This year we are looking at developing mastery and depth within the EYFS curriculum and linking outdoor learning to all areas of the children’s learning. Some of our Success Stories
• Variety of opportunities and experiences offered being maintained despite reduced funding.
• High and increasing attainment year on year.
• Improving progress in subjects year on year.
• Outstanding attendance.
• Significant numbers of children able to access a broad range of extra-curricular activities.
• Investment in new reading, maths and ICT resources.
• Recruitment and retention of excellent staff that support the ethos of the school.
• Responsible and considerate children who want to help others through charitable giving.
• A safe and caring ethos that encourages children to take risks and make the most of the opportunities available to them.
• “A vibrant school community where pupils achieve well and develop into responsible individuals with a thirst for learning.” – Ofsted 2019.